Winter Green Salad with Apples, Cranberries & Walnuts With French Vinaigrette
Fresh Autumn-Winter Salad with seasonal fruit, walnuts and feta cheese.
- ¼ cup pomegranate vinegar, any vinegar can be
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 sprig Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- ¾ cup vegetable, olive or canola oil, approximately
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 2 organic apples*
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
In a medium bowl make the vinaigrette by whisking together all the ingredients except the oil. While constantly whisking, drizzle in some of the oil, stopping to taste occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Bring to room temperature before serving.
For a creamier dressing add 1 Tb. mayonnaise
Core and chop apples (thin slices or 1 inch chunks). Toss lettuce, apples, walnuts, feta, and cranberries together in a large bowl. Add a little dressing and toss, taste for seasoning and adjust.
*If conventional apples are used, peel first.