Hatch Chile & Potato Rajas
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 small onion, cut into small strips
- 4 mild Hatch chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, and julienned *
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil; add onions, season with salt and pepper and sauté until lightly browned.
Add chiles, and cream, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer and cook 4 minutes.
Add cheese and potatoes, stirring occasionally, until just heated through. Remove from heat.
Wrap tortillas in plastic wrap or paper towel and heat in microwave on low until warm.