Cooking from the Pantry
An easy roasted red pepper dip for any occasion. Quick and easy to prepare; serve with pita bread, cocktail bread or any cracker.
- 1 cup walnuts -- toasted
- 1 slice Italian bread -- torn into pieces
- 1 cup red peppers -- roasted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper -- ground or Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar -- optional
- pita bread -- sliced into wedges
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and puree into a
smooth paste, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. Refrigerate
if not serving immediately. Let come to room temperature before serving.
Serve with pita wedges.